Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sept is coming


The days of summer are slipping away. My daughter is turning 4 tomorrow but the big bash is today. :) The weather feels great here in Mo lately. 65-80 is right up my alley.

I played a show last night at Indian Hills Winery. Really great feeling show which is happening more lately. I don't know what's going on but the music just feels better than ever these days. I think everyone had a good time.

I'm really getting unsettled over the Grammy talk. I have NOT been nominated. NOT. I am ENTERED. I love everyones support but I don't think folks understand the process (I don't exactly either) and I don't want anyone thinking that I'm bragging when I say "I have material ENTERED in the Grammy's". Forgive me for the tantrum but it's getting exhausting. Entered, entered, entered.

I'm really excited about the local support I've gotten lately. Annie Lauries in Cape Girardeau is a fabulous antique store where I'm getting a lot of support and doing a show on Sept 4th. That one's going to be VERY cool. Laurie is an interior decorator of sorts and her place is not your run-of-the-mill antique shop. It's extra cool to just be in. Can't wait till Friday. If you come...bring wine. They don't serve but you can drink.

Well, I've gotta go get my Princess Party on.

Lots and lots of love.
jf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment, I can take it.