Sunday, September 27, 2009


Just got back from Georgia and the filming of the Simpleton video. The video turned out wonderfully and will be up for you to see soon (not sure how soon, but soon). Beyond the fact that the project went well, the personal aspect was outstanding also. I got to spend time with Tim Gill again, met some fine folks that he works with regularly and had a great week staying up too late, watching weird movies and, umm, other stuff. ;)
I also got to spend some time with Heather Luttrell in her humble abode in Atlanta. For 3 days and 2 nights Heather, myself and her boyfriend Tom painted the town relentlessly, played a couple of shows, made some plans, installed a sink, cleaned house and forgot to sleep. It was a blast. You should check her out live any time you get a chance.
Another artist that I ran into along the way was Marshall Ruffin from somewhere in Georgia. He was on the road supporting a record called 'Morning Glory' and while the recording was a bit loose the band was not. The trio put on a stellar live show and Marshall's lyrics, vocal, and guitar work kept me on the edge of my seat through the entire show. Check him out.
Well, thanks Chattanooga, Charlotte, Atlanta, Savannah and all the people who put me up, put up with me and made great things happen along the way. Special thanks to the Harmon family in Rock Hill, SC! See you all again soon.

ps. I made a horrible mistake and didn't get a show pulled from the schedule for Sat the 27th of Sept at New Moon of Savannah (the Listening Room). My most sincere apologies to anyone who tried to see me that night. The venue canceled well in advance and my team failed to pull it from my site. I'll make it up to you one day soon.

lotsa love
jf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment, I can take it.